To promote the development of the trucking industry in Australia by continually improving road and industry safety, through the development and application of appropriate industry and business standards and solutions.
TruckSafe is committed to pursuing this goal through the promotion and application of appropriate industry standards through a system of accreditation of operators. An independent Board of Directors will guide TruckSafe.
The accreditation system must, as a minimum, provide core standards for the following major risk elements of all trucking businesses:
- Vehicle Maintenance
- Driver Health and Fitness for Duty
- Management Practices
- Risk Assessment
The TruckSafe Board is to promote the development of a safe trucking industry in Australia through the TruckSafe Accreditation Program as a value adding tool which:
- Delivers demonstrable benefits to road transport operators, customers, Governments, and the community.
- Maintains integrity of the trucking industry in Australia by ensuring operators comply with its standards.
- Acknowledges the role of Government and seeks to work with appropriate Government agencies to improve compliance with the applicable standards and the law.
- Assist customers to meet their duty of care and chain of responsibility obligations.
- Incorporates key standards, which enable operators to operate safely and with minimum risk to their employees and the community.
- Has the capacity to incorporate additional standards, including the ability to meet the requirements of different market segments.
To ensure that the standards set, and certification elements of the TruckSafe Accreditation Program operate through effective, independent and arms-length administration, under the overall guidance of the TruckSafe Board, there shall be bodies responsible for:
- the accreditation of operators.
- recommending action concerning on road complaints and offences.
- providing an appeals avenue for decisions regarding complaints, sanctions, termination or suspension of accreditation.
THE TRUCKSAFE BOARD
The Board shall promote the development of the trucking industry in Australia by:
- Developing the standards of TruckSafe as well as other standards as appropriate.
- Setting Audit standards and guidelines.
- Developing and approve the Business Rules and Sanctions Model.
- Ensuring the auditing of operators is consistent, fair, equitable and independent, provides due process for appeals against decisions, and maintains the integrity of TruckSafe.
- Overseeing the bodies (TIAC) responsible for the accreditation of operators that recommends actions concerning on road complaints and offences, and the handling of appeals about decisions regarding complaints, sanctions, termination or suspension of accreditation. Also the Board ensures that these bodies are independent of the ATA, the TruckSafe Board and each other.
- Promoting TruckSafe to the trucking industry, customers, the community and Governments.
- Undertaking wide consultation with all stakeholders on the development of standards, the application of the TruckSafe Accreditation Program, and on developing synergies with other accreditation systems where applicable.
Mr Ferdie Kroon
De Bruyn’s Transport
Mr Graham Emery
Martins Livestock Haulage Pty Ltd
(Specific – Livestock)
Mrs Karlie Easter
K.S. Easter Transport
Mr Ken Brennan
Transport Training ACT
Ms Julie Russell
Russell Transport Pty Ltd
Mr Athol Carter
Frasers Livestock Transport
(Specific – Livestock)
Mr Nathan Cecil
Mr Peter Callanan
Shanahan’s Livestock Transport
(Specific – Livestock)
Mr Paul Fellows
Fellows Bulk Transport
Mr Andy Divall
Divall’s Earthmoving & Bulk Haulage
Mr Victor Vella
Mr Noel Kelly
AEI Transport Insurance Brokers
THE TRUCKSAFE INDUSTRY ACCREDITATION COUNCIL (TIAC)
The primary purpose of the TruckSafe Industry Accreditation Council (TIAC) is to review and make recommendations regarding transport operator’s applications for entry into or continuation of accreditation in the TruckSafe Industry Accreditation Scheme.
The TruckSafe Industry Accreditation Council (TIAC) is an independent body that communicates regularly for the purposes of:
- Reviewing and approving applications for (re)accreditation of operators,
- Reviewing and approving audit reports undertaken of an Operator’s systems,
- Assist in the reviewing of policy and principles of the TruckSafe Program to maintain and enhance the rigor and credibility of the program.
This Council is made up of representatives from:
Furthermore, TIAC will make recommendations to the TruckSafe Board in relation to improvement of TruckSafe standards and audit methodologies.
Mr Denis Robertson
Mr Roger Sanders
Mrs Jan Pattison
Mr Robert Waldron
The TruckSafe secretariat is responsible for the day-to-day administration and management of the Program.