- All nominated vehicles operated by the accredited operator must be maintained in a safe and roadworthy condition as outline in the TruckSafe standards and vehicle standards regulations.
- All vehicles are to be maintained in compliance to the appropriate Australian Vehicle Standards and Design Rules (AVSRs and ADRs).
- No driver shall be required to drive a mechanically unsafe vehicle at any time.
- All drivers are to participate in the health screen program as detailed in the standards.
- Drivers identified as ‘Not Fit to Drive’ must not be allowed to continue driving.
- The accredited operator must maintain a commitment to ongoing training, as outlined in the standards.
- The accredited operator must conduct all business in a safe, professional and legal manner.
- An accredited operator as well as their employees must be familiar with and address their respective duty of care requirements in accordance with the applicable state/territory Work Health and Safety legislation.
- Drivers must be afforded sufficient time to conduct trips in a legal, compliant and safe manner.
- Vehicle speed limiters shall be maintained to the legal requirement as specified by ADR 65/00 and must in no way be tampered with.
- Vehicles shall not, in any manner, be knowingly overloaded.
- Prime contractors must not, by their actions or requirements, force or coerce subcontractors to break the law.
- Drivers must notify their employer if they are not fit for duty prior to commencing their shift.
- Drivers must at all times obey road transport laws.
- Drivers must obey the applicable driving hours specific to their state/s of operation in accordance with legislation and take all reasonable steps to manage their fatigue and not drive with high levels of drowsiness.
- Drivers, where practical, must practice and maintain safe load restrain practices.
- As the ambassadors of the road transport industry, drivers shall operate their vehicles in a safe and professional manner, with consideration for all other road users.
- Drivers agreed to notify their employer or operator immediately should the status or conditions of their driver’s license change in any way.