The TruckSafe John Kelly Memorial Award, which is awarded as part of the ATA’s National Trucking Industry Awards, will recognise a TruckSafe accredited operator that has successfully implemented the program and encouraged others to join TruckSafe.
The award honours the late John Kelly, posthumous winner of the ATA Outstanding Contribution Award in 2008.
John was heavily involved in the early development of Team 200 (the predecessor of TruckSafe), helped in the development of fatigue management programs and assisted in implementing a number of driver training programs. Nominees for this award must be a current member of the TruckSafe program. They must demonstrate:
- that they have been TruckSafe accredited for 5 consecutive years;
- that they have paid all TruckSafe membership fees;
- implementation and compliance to the TruckSafe Program including all core modules with minimum Non Conformance Reports (NCR’s) during an external audit;
- prompt close out of any non-conformance reports; and
- a reputation for integrity and ethical behaviour in trucking.
Finalists must authorise the TruckSafe Industry Accreditation Council (TIAC) to seek other information that will assist in the judging process. This could include, but is not limited to:
- quarterly compliance and internal review reports;
- employee and customer statements/satisfaction;
- insurance history/benefits; and
- at fault incident and accident reports.