The Application Process
- Download an information pack from TruckSafe here, email us for the pack using our contact form or by calling us 02 6253 6900.
- Review the TruckSafe business rules and code of conduct.
- Complete the online membership application form and submit.
- Once your membership application documents are received, TruckSafe will send you an invoice for your initial membership fee, which needs to be paid prior to your entry audit being organised.
- Prior to your entry, you must have at least four weeks of TruckSafe records, 50 percent of your driver medicals, and 100 percent of your vehicle road worthy inspections completed. You also need to have created your TruckSafe policy and procedures manual.
- When you are ready, advise TruckSafe you wish to have your entry audit.
- TruckSafe will schedule your audit upon receiving confirmation. Your auditor will contact you to confirm an appropriate date and time to conduct the audit. TruckSafe will select the auditor. Let us know what other accreditation programs you are in, and what other audits are due, so that we may synchronise dates. We will have the auditor complete as many of the audits as possible in the one visit.
The Accreditation Process
Once your audit report is received by TruckSafe, it will be assessed by the secretariat before being forwarded to the TruckSafe Industry Accreditation Council (TIAC) for consideration on being accredited. Once accreditation is granted by TIAC, you will be issued with the following:
- a letter of accreditation
- a certificate of accreditation and
- a merchandise order form
Accreditation identification labels for display on your vehicles are available by using the Merchandise Order Form.
TruckSafe Fee Structure
The initial membership fee includes:
- first year’s membership
- entry audit
- first compliance audit
- small administration fee
These costs apply to a single site audits, extra fees will apply for extra audits.
Annual membership fees after first year include:
- annual membership to TruckSafe; and
- your single site two-yearly compliance audits (extra fees will apply for extra audits).
TruckSafe fee schedule 1 July 2018 – 30 June 2019
Level Powered Units Fee Type TruckSafe Only ($) TruckSafe Inc Animal Welfare ($) Frequency 1 1 Initial Membership Annual Fees 2032
2 2-4 Initial Membership Annual Fees 2192
3 5-9 Initial Membership Annual Fees 2877
4 10-19 Initial Membership Annual Fees 3792
5 20-39 Initial Membership Annual Fees 5177
6 40-89 Initial Membership Annual Fees 5940
7 90-249 Initial Membership Annual Fees 8857
8 >249 Initial Membership Annual Fees 10767
Workshop Initial Membership Annual Fees 0
Endorsed Service Providers
Endorsed Service Providers are consultants that operators can engage to assist them in implementing the TruckSafe system or maintaining their existing system.
Endorsed Service Providers work on a fee for service basis and are not employed or paid by TruckSafe.
An Endorsed Service Provider can also be an auditor; however, an auditor must not audit any system they have had a hand in implementing or maintaining.
Please contact the TruckSafe office on (02) 6253 6900 for any TruckSafe Endorsed Service Providers that may be in your area.