The new TruckSafe Standards are here!
As you may be aware TruckSafe has proudly released it’s new standards at Trucking Australia 2016. There have been some changes in the standards and accreditation guide as follows:
The following additions have been made to the standards since the 2008 edition:
- “Your Privacy” notice
- “TruckSafe Accreditation Work, Health and Safety Guidance Note”
- On-Road Compliance Standards module
- Fitness for Duty & Driver Health Standards module
- TruckCare Standards voluntary module
- “Why this Standard is Important” information
- “Best Practice Tip” information
The following deletions have been made to the standards since the 2008 edition:
- Sample forms and documentation
- Workplace and Driver Health Standards module
The standards in the Training module have also been updated.
The sample forms as well as the new standards documentation is available for TruckSafe members via the members’ portal at https://www.trucksafe.com.au/members-area/trucksafe-resources/.
The TruckSafe Standards and Accreditation Guide contains the new standards and what you need to have in place to comply.
The new standards will begin being audited from 1 January 2017 onwards, when your next audit falls due.
You may use the blank audit report to self-assess your own policies and procedures. This is the same report that auditors will be using when they conduct your audit.
Everyone at TruckSafe is excited about the new standards that have once again lifted the bar when it comes to being a safe trucking business.