One of the strengths of TruckSafe accreditation is our third party, independent auditing:
- Auditors are appointed by TruckSafe for each member audit
- Audits are conducted on-site at members premises
- TruckSafe will not appoint the same auditor to conduct more than two consecutive TruckSafe audits for the same operator.
Completed audits are also assessed by our independent expert panel the TruckSafe Industry Accreditation Council (TIAC).
These measures combine to make TruckSafe the most rigorous and robust safety accreditation scheme within the transport industry. Further information regarding TruckSafe’s auditing system can be found in the TruckSafe Business Rules & Code of Conduct (sections 9 and 10).
A TruckSafe auditor:
- Is chosen by TruckSafe
- Holds an Exemplar Global qualification as a heavy vehicle auditor
- Has successfully completed a TruckSafe auditor training session
- Holds current Professional Indemnity insurance
- Is registered with the NHVR as an NHVAS auditor.
Appointment of a TruckSafe Auditor
The appointment of auditors to conduct a TruckSafe member audit is at the discretion of the TruckSafe Secretariat:
- TruckSafe informs its members in advance that an audit is due and independently appoints and auditor for that member
- TruckSafe members do not choose or appoint their own auditor
- TruckSafe auditors are qualified to and may also complete NHVAS audits for TruckSafe members.
Members who have not already been notified of an upcoming TruckSafe audit and also have their NHVAS due are strongly encouraged to contact TruckSafe before organising their NHVAS audit to ensure the auditor assigned by TruckSafe matches the auditor on the compliance audit notification they submit to the NHVR.
Support to implement TruckSafe systems in your business
Members may choose to engage a TruckSafe auditor as a consultant when setting up or reviewing their TruckSafe systems. TruckSafe can assist you to identify a qualified consultant in your area from our list of auditors.
In this circumstance it is important to note:
- Auditors are not employed by TruckSafe and will charge a fee for providing this service
- Auditors who are system advisors or consultants (either as an individual or a company) that establish or maintain a TruckSafe member’s system cannot conduct any TruckSafe audit for that TruckSafe member for two years after ceasing to provide consultation or advisory services to the member.
For more information regarding TruckSafe auditing please contact us.