Thank you for your interest in downloading a TruckSafe info pack.
If you wish to become a TruckSafe member please complete the online membership application. We will then be in touch to guide you through the next steps to becoming a member.
Becoming a member does not automatically mean you become accredited.
As a member you will be able to access the members area that contains a copy of the standards and accreditation guide which explains what is required to meet the standards. There is also documentation and sample policies and procedures that you can use when setting up your TruckSafe system.
Once you have become a TruckSafe member you need to have the following completed before we can organise an auditor to come and conduct your entry audit:
- You need to construct a TruckSafe policy and procedures manual (Use the business and compliance manual and the sample policy and procedures manual available to download from our members area)
- You will need to have at least 50% of your drivers complete a TruckSafe medical (A current RTA, DG, or AFTD medical that is less than 3 years old for drivers aged 49 and under, or less than 12 months old for drivers aged 50 and over will be accepted.)
- Your vehicles will need to have had a roadworthy done within the last 12 months (a documented annual service with inspection that is less than 12 months old at the time of audit is considered a roadworthy)
- You will need to have collected at least 4 weeks of records (eg: daily checks, maintenance and service records, fault reports, etc)
- You will need to have completed risk assessments for the 4 core areas of CoR as required in TruckSafe standard B.
Once your audit has been completed it will be submitted to the TruckSafe Industry Accreditation Council for consideration. Once they have approved your audit you will become accredited.
Depending on where you live an auditor or consultant may be able to visit and assist in establishing your TruckSafe system. Please note though that they are not employed by TruckSafe and will charge a fee for this service.
The TruckSafe Info Pack can be downloaded (zip) using the button below, for more information please feel free to contact us.