(Information in this update has been provided by the Queensland Trucking Association).
NT – Mandatory testing now required
The NT CHO issued updated directions No 50 for Freight and Logistics workers effective from 12noon, 28 August 2020.
We have been waiting on confirmation of locations where asymptomatic COVID-19 testing can be undertaken in the regions prior to entering NT as we understand that pop testing locations may not be available in the NT.
Is testing now Mandatory for NT?
YES – any person entering NT must produce evidence of a COVID-19 test in the past 7 days. Entry will not be permitted unless evidence is shown.
What documentation is needed to enter NT?
Border Entry Form
Complete this application no more than 72 hours prior to arriving in the Northern Territory. A copy of this must be held with the driver to be produced on entry and will be reviewed by an authorised officer on arrival.
If a form cannot be printed or completed prior to arrival, it will need to be completed with an authorised officer on arrival at the border.
COVID-19 Freight Risk Mitigation Management Plan
A certificate is issued following approval by the NT CHO and must be carried by the worker.
What are the requirements for a driver entering NT from a COVID hotspot?
While not performing a freight task, if the driver has entered from a declared hotspot they MUST self-isolate in their vehicle or suitable quarantine location until they recommence their duties (or for 14 days which ever is the shorter period). Please see Part 1 section 4 and 5 and Part 4 of Direction 50 for full information.
Drivers must practice social distancing, self monitor health symptoms and submit for a test if requested.
Need more information?
If drivers need to organise a COVID-19 test to comply with the 7-day testing requirements in the NT, please call 1800 008 002 and press 1 or see below for interstate testing locations.
North West Qld COVID Testing
Where are testing locations in Qld near the NT Border?
Mt Isa Hospital – Clinic (outside hospital) – 7 days, 7am-7pm – this location offers the widest range of hours for testing in the region. Parking will be an issue for trucks so forward planning will be required on how to access this location.
In relation to other locations, we have received confirmation from the North West Hospitals and Health Service – Health Emergency Operations Centre:
“Truck drivers can access COVID testing at any of our facilities during operational hours.
See here: https://www.health.qld.gov.au/services/northwest
The doctor or nurse is able to provide a standard note at the time of testing to confirm that a test has occurred. Normally, it will take 48 hours to receive the test results – a SMS will be sent should the test return a negative result. If a positive result, the patient will be contacted by telephone by the Public Health Unit.”
Note: The time taken to advise test results may differ depending on the location of where the test is taken in the region.
Contact number for North West Hospital and Health Services:
Mount Isa Hospital – 07 4744 4000
Health Emergency Operations Centre – 07 4764 1738
Towns included in this region are:
- Cloncurry Hospital
- Doomadgee Hospital
- Julia Creek Hospital
- Mornington Island Hospital
- Mount Isa Hospital
- Normanton Hospital
Primary Health Centres within Hospitals and Health Service:
WA COVID Testing Locations
Where are testing locations in WA?
Metropolitan COVID clinics – 7 days/week, 10am-6pm
- Armadale Health Service, Ground Floor, 3056 Albany Highway, Mount Nasura
- Fiona Stanley Hospital, Bedbrook Row, North-eastern end of hospital, Murdoch
- Joondalup Hospital, Car Park P4, Regents Park Road Joondalup
- Royal Perth Hospital, Ground Floor, Ainslie House, 48 Murray Street, Perth
- Rockingham General Hospital, Elanora Drive, Cooloongup
- Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital, C Block, Hospital Avenue, Nedlands
- St John of God Midland Hospital, Yelverton Drive, Midland
Regional COVID clinics – 7 days (operating hours vary)
- Broome Hospital, Corner of Anne and Robinson Streets, Broome (8.30am-4pm)
- Bunbury Health Campus, Bussell Highway (cnr Robertson Drive; 30m left of the main entrance) (10am-4pm)
Regional hospital Emergency Departments
- Albany Regional Hospital
- Geraldton Regional Hospital
- Hedland Health Campus
- Kalgoorlie Regional Hospital
- Emergency Department of any regional public hospital not specified above. Further details, including opening hours of these clinics, are available at: https://healthywa.wa.gov.au/Articles/A_E/COVID-clinics
Need more information about Transport, Freight and Logistics COVID-19 Directions as at 28/08/2020? Click here
SA COVID Testing Locations
Where are testing locations in SA for truck drivers (essential workers)?
SA Pathology’s mobile collection services provides free COVID-19 testing 7 days a week for interstate truck drivers and interstate travellers requiring swabs. No booking required.
- Bordertown – Border Site, Dukes Highway (8.00 am to 4.00 pm)
- Mount Gambier – Border Site, Princes Highway (8.00 am to 4.00 pm
- Port Augusta – Puma Port Augusta Truckstop, National Highway 1 (8.00 am to 11.00 pm)
- Tailem Bend – Tasco Caltex Tailem Bend Roadhouse, 8786 Princes Highway (8.00 am to 4.00pm)
- Yamba Quarantine Station, National Highway A20, Yamba (7.00 am to 7.00pm)
Need more information about entering SA?
Emergency Management (Cross Border Travel No 13) (COVID-19) Direction 2020 (28/08/2020)
Essential Traveller – Schedule 1