(Information in this update has been provided by the Queensland Trucking Association).
VIC Update on COVID Testing Protocols
Due to the recent COVID-19 cluster in Adelaide, Victoria have updated the COVID testing protocols for Interstate Drivers entering VIC. Details can be found here.
From THURSDAY 19TH NOVEMBER 2020
– All Interstate drivers travelling through Victoria from SA will be required to undergo a COVID-19 test.
– Test processing will be fast-tracked for drivers.
What if drivers are already undergoing a regular testing regime?
– If drivers are already being regularly tested and undergoing a 7-day testing regime, ensure the driver has evidence of the last test taken to produce to border control.
Does the driver have to wait for results?
– NO. Drivers will be allowed to continue their journey without waiting for a result
If result is positive, all necessary protocols must be followed as advised by the health authorities.
Where can drivers be tested?
Nhill – testing station is being mobilised on the Western Highway for testing commencing Thursday 19th November 2020.
Where are other current locations?
– Face masks are compulsory when interacting in public places, warehouses and delivery sites.
– Six principles of COVID Safe Workspaces
SA-Update on COVID restrictions
Due to the recent COVID-19 cluster in Adelaide, SA Government have introduced new restrictions and a short term lockdown for 6 days commencing midnight (ACDT) Wednesday 18th November.
Current updates on restrictions can be found here.
Please note schools remain open for children of essential workers which includes Commercial Transport and Freight Services under Schedule 1 of Public Health Emergency Public Health COVID Direction 18.
What actions to take:
Implement all protocols and procedures in your COVID-19 Safe Business Plan including wearing the appropriate PPE.
Close contact records – must be completed for any public activities while in SA.
NOTE: It is a requirement of the QLD CHO that Close contact records be kept by anyone entering Qld from a hotspot for both work and personal activities.