Everyone can join National Safe Work Month and commit to keeping people safe and healthy at work. A safe workplace benefits everyone and Safe Work Australia have made it easy to get involved.
To participate in National Safe Work Month follow the steps below:
1. Go to the National Safe Work Month website and download the campaign kit for online and printable resources. You can customise posters, social media tiles, newsletter templates and website headers with your organisation’s logo to promote National Safe Work Month in your workplace.
2. Download National Safe Work Month work health and safety (WHS) resources including, the Keeping WHS a priority in your workplace information sheet, Preventing psychological injury at work during COVID-19 information sheet, WHS best practice checklist for employers and the COVID-19 WHS case studies.
3. Share the resources in your workplace via social media, email, virtual meeting or by distributing in print.
4. Go to the National Safe Work Month in focus web page to download posters and social media tiles and promote the weekly topics:
· Week 1 – Join National Safe Work Month
· Week 2 – Navigating mental health through COVID-19
· Week 3 – Using data to make workplaces safer
· Week 4 – A safe and healthy workplace is for everyone, and
· Week 5 – Keeping WHS a priority.
5. Find out what’s on in your region and register for a webinar, online training course or virtual presentation on WHS topics relevant to your organisation or industry.
6. Don’t forget to use the hashtags #safeworkmonth and #safetytogether when promoting your organisation’s National Safe Work Month initiatives on social media so we can look at re-sharing on Safe Work Australia’s social media channels.