One of the major strengths of the TruckSafe system is our robust audit system requiring third party on-site auditing.
As we move closer to social distancing restrictions being lifted, TruckSafe will offer extensions or grace periods on audits rather than move to a desk top audit option.
This presents a lower overall long term safety risk than conducting less rigorous desk top audits.
This grace period will be offered to those with audits due who are unable or unwilling to have auditors visit their premises or where TruckSafe cannot find an auditor that is willing to participate in an on-site audit.
- All TruckSafe members will need to assess their own risk and COVID safety practices in relation to their willingness/capacity to complete an on-site audit safely
- All auditors must assess their own risk as an individual and make a decision regarding their own safety, willingness to travel or capacity to be on site at a members premises
- If the risk is assessed by either party to be too high and the control applied is to delay the audit – TruckSafe can accommodate a grace period and delay that audit
- TruckSafe is taking advice weekly regarding changing restrictions and will consider and make decisions regarding audit grace periods as advice is shared by governments
- TruckSafe will update members on any changes to this current status via these Member Alerts and by email.
If you require an extension on a pending audit please contact the TruckSafe office as soon as possible to discuss your individual circumstances. All requests will be considered and registered on a case by case basis by the TruckSafe team.
Please don’t hesitate to call TruckSafe if you have any questions or concerns regarding this matter.